Russia is the largest country in the world as well as a place with a fantastic culture and stunning architecture. It is also a place with a particular weather. This creates a lot of opportunities for travelers, there are tons of things to see and do.
Here are 5 places you must visit in Russia:
1. St Petersburg – It is also referred to as the cultural “Northern Palmyra”. One of the things that characterize this city are its baroque and rococo architectural styles.
2. Moscow – The city is known for its soviet buildings. A couple of popular places to visit in here are the Red Square and all of the magnificent buildings around it. Moscow is also a good place to visit if you are looking for a destination with a cool nightlife.
3. Kazan – Kazan is also called “the third capital of Russia”. It is a place where you can find up to 1000 years of Russian history, represented in its architecture.
4. The Golden Ring – In here you will find some famous monasteries and churches of the country. You will be able to see these unique structures, with those peculiar onion-domes from the 12th – 17th centuries.
5. Novgorod Veliky – This is another place where you can admire tons of churches and monasteries. Don’t miss the Sofiysky Cathedral, it is a beautiful building, build on the 11th century.